Why a Nitrogen Generator for Craft Brewery?
The basic brewing process can be broken down into four steps: malting, mashing, boiling, and fermenting — and nitrogen is used in many of them. Here are just some of the ways to use a nitrogen generator for a craft brewery:
· Nitrogen gas is used to completely clean out tanks between batches. The nitrogen removes any wort, mash, or beer to make sure it doesn’t oxidize in the tank and add an unwelcome sour flavor to the next batch.
· Nitrogen gas can displace the carbon dioxide and oxygen in a tank to help move the beer from one tank to the next.
· Nitrogen gas is injected into a keg before shipping or storage to help pressurize it.
· Nitrogen gas can be infused into the beer itself during the brewing process. Instead of solely using carbon dioxide to create carbonation, a mixture of 70% nitrogen and 30% carbon dioxide is used. This gives the beer a more complex taste and mouthfeel.
Benefits of On Site Nitrogen Generators for Breweries
With so many uses for nitrogen in the brewing process, it just makes sense to use a nitrogen generator for a microbrewery. Instead of ordering nitrogen in bulk, dealing with empty cylinders, scheduling deliveries and pickups, and wasting the gas in the process, you can create your own nitrogen on demand. Here is a close look at the benefits of nitrogen generators for breweries:
· Save Time — If you rely on nitrogen deliveries, there is a good chance you will face delivery delays at some point. This means you have to halt production until your gas supply is replenished. With an onsite nitrogen generator, you will never run out because you are making your own.
· Reduce Costs — Even though a nitrogen generator for a microbrewery costs more money upfront, these costs are usually recouped within a couple of years. Which means over time, the cost of using nitrogen gas goes down dramatically because there will be no recurring charges.
Choose an CANGAS Nitrogen Generator for a Microbrewery
With so many uses for nitrogen gas in the brewing process, and so many benefits of using nitrogen generators for breweries, the choice is pretty clear: with on-demand, onsite nitrogen gas, you can save time and money and make a better beer. To learn more about how a CANGAS nitrogen generator can help your beer brewing endeavors, contact us now.